Cabbage Garden Roses
If I ever had to pick my favorite and most breathtaking wedding flower, the Antique Pink Cabbage Garden Rose would definitely top my list. I was literally over the moon excited when I had the opportunity to get my hands on these beauties so that I can share with all of you.
As part of a blog series featuring amazing wedding flowers and DIY projects, we partnered with FiftyFlowers to bring you all the details on this stunning bloom.
About FiftyFlowers: They are an online flower wholesaler that is revolutionizing the wedding flower industry. Their “farm to door” approach allows brides to purchase bundled flowers without the large quantity requirement that many other wholesalers have. Making this company a DIY bride’s dream come true.
All About The Antique Pink Cabbage Garden Rose
This stunning garden rose comes in a lovely vintage pink hue with warm coral highlights in the center that blends outward to a delicate soft pink shade to create an ombre effect. Once fully bloomed, their large size makes them the perfect substitute for peonies!
The average bloom width is 2-4 inches and the average stem length is 10-24 inches. The coloring depth tends to slightly vary from bloom to bloom. They are typically available online for purchase year round depending on weather and market conditions.
Prep & Care
The flowers arrive in bunches of 10-12 stems directly from the farm in bud form. Because flowers do not arrive fully bloomed, FiftyFlowers recommends scheduling a delivery date of 2 days before your event. This allows time for hydration and for the flowers to bloom to their intended size.
In order to get the longest life out of your roses, you need to take some steps to ensure they are properly cared for. Upon opening your delivery, you may notice that they look sleepy and thirsty, this is absolutely normal and your flowers will re-awaken once you follow these steps.
- Remove all the protective packaging and paper from the flowers as you take them out of the box.
- Depending on how many flowers you have, gather buckets or containers (make sure they are thoroughly clean) and fill them with at least 4 inches of fresh cold water and flower food if you have it on hand.
- Remove any foliage and thorns that will sit below the water line and cut about an inch off each stem in a diagonal line using flower sheers.
- Place each flower in the water immediately after cutting to stop the ends from sealing off.
- Allow up to 12 hours for them to properly hydrate. Water levels need to also be periodically checked and should be changed every 24 hours.
How to order them for your next event.
It's super easy to get your hands on these flowers for your upcoming event. Visit FiftyFlowes here and simply place your wholesale flower order, set up a delivery date following the suggested guidelines and your flowers will be delivered right to your doorstep!
This article contains product links from our affiliates. Making a purchase through these links helps support our wonderful partners and Glittery Bride at no additional cost to you!