If you are newly engaged and beginning to plan your wedding you have probably started to toy with the idea of getting a wedding planner.
Many brides make the mistake of assuming everything will fall into place and that they can coordinate all the vendors and finish last minute details on their own. In theory, that is all well and good, but what happens when the centerpieces you ordered are running late due to traffic? Or, what if the baker shows up with hot pink roses on your cake instead of blush?
A good wedding planner will able to handle these types of situations with the quickness of a ninja and the grace of a ballerina. I have firsthand witnessed a bride who had no clue the florist mixed up two different flower orders but thanks to the wedding planner, they somehow managed to get the right ones delivered at the speed of light.
Now, I am not saying that you can’t plan a wedding without a planner, but why not give yourself that extra piece of mind if the unthinkable happens?
Here is a list of 10 reasons/examples on why getting a wedding planner is a good great idea.
- They will make an itinerary for your vendors and triple (quadruple) check with everyone to make sure they understand what time they need to show up.
- If one vendor is stuck in traffic, the planner will have a plan B or C ready to go just in case plan A goes out the window.
- They will have an emergency kit ready with every color button imaginable in case someone loses one.
- The will give the officiant directions over the phone because their GPS isn't working.
- They will make sure your monetary gifts are in a safe place.
- They can magically make new table linens appear when your rental company made a mistake on the count.
- Help gather stray family members during photo time while somehow staying on schedule.
- Make sure the DJ knows how to pronounce everyone’s name correctly.
- They will Help to manage any family drama that might upset the couple.
- And last but not least: they will make sure your wedding is everything you ever dreamed of and more!
In my experience, not only are wedding planners good at what they do but they also love what they do. I hope this article helped make your decision a little easier.
If you do decide not to hire a wedding planner or if it's not in your budget, at a very minimum you should probably ask a family member who is not in the wedding party to keep an eye on things and to let you know if anything goes wrong.